.jump-link{ display:none }

Saturday 4 October 2014

One Lovely Blog Award


 

I am delighted to say that Shelley of A Sense of Family" has nominated for this award.

Although we enjoy writing,  recognition from others is a great motivator, and I am very grateful  that other bloggers have regarded my blog in this respect.  




The terms of the award are:
1. Thank the person(s) who nominated you.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Name bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of).
4. Contact those bloggers to let them know you’ve tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award.

Here are seven facts about me:
  1. I have one daughter and a 5 year old granddaughter who has enhanced our lives to much.
  2. I have just finished a patchwork throw for my granddaughter - hand sewn hexagons in the appropriately named "granny's flower garden" pattern.  
  3. I also knit/crochet squares for a brilliant  charity KAS (Knit a Square) which helps Aids orphans in Africa. - take a look at their website.
  4. I am a member of a local "Walk It" group who meet every Thursday all year round for a 3-4 mile walk, always ending in a cafe for coffee, scones and more chat - great for health & happiness.  It helps that I live in a beautiful part of the country,  the Scottish Borders.
  5. Classical music is my love and I am an  avid listener to Classic FM - on as I type.  My favourites - opera, operetta, ballet, musicals and 19th century romantic  composers.
  6. My favourite TV programmes are anything historical plus quizzes -  I am a member of a local quiz team.  Who says retirement is boring!
  7. I still have the handwritten family tree that I compiled at the age of 12 - it went back to my great grandmother who has been at the heart of my family history activity. 
    I have been asked to nominate further blogs for the award.   This is such an invidious task to select a few from my reading list, as the genaabloggers community has  meant so much to me since I started blogging in August 2010.  I must admit to difficulty in keeping up with fellow blogger's activities.

    Many  I follow have already been nominated so I’ll try to avoid some repetition Here are my nominations, in alphabetical order:
    Do take a look, too at my Page My blog Favourites. where I am list the sites I aim to read and to comment on on a regular basis.   This isn't set in stone and I am sure I will add to it as time goes by.   

    You may discover some new blogs that will provide interest, knowledge, stimulus, inspiration, humour and pathos to your reading and writing.  

    All part of being in such a supportive blogging community.  Thank You.

    Susan (ScotSue) 

    7 comments:

    1. A well deserved nomination :)
      Thank you for the mention
      Regards
      Anne

      ReplyDelete
    2. Aw shucks -- thanks so much for the nomination and the compliment to be included in this list of blogs that I also admire. You're right -- be recognized is a great motivator.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thanks so much ScotSue! I have so appreciated learning from you about conducting Scottish research.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi Sue, can you please turn on some sort of spam filter. Every time one of those annoying anonymous irrelevant commentators posts with a link to free flights to India, the comment is emailed to those who have commented here. I have Google+ comments available on my blog and that seems to stop anonymous spammers! they must have a Google + profile to comment and would presumably be blocked pretty quickly. Regards Anne

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for your comment, Anne and I am sorry you have been bothered in this way,. I do have comment moderation set up on my blog and all these annoying Anonymous messages do land in my Spam folder. I will look into this to see what else can be done.

        Delete
    5. Congratulations on your well-deserved award Sue!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Thank you to everyone for their good wishes, which I very much appreciate.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for your comment which will appear on screen after moderation.